Housing & Community Development
EMERGENCY RENTAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (ERAP)
DHCD is currently implementing the County’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP). Prince George’s County is leading the state in the release of ERAP funds. If you have applied, be assured it is in the queue to be reviewed.
Funding has not been exhausted and DHCD is still accepting applications. We encourage landlords and tenants to work together. Cooperating and working together to submit completed applications means landlords could receive payment thus allowing tenants to stay in place.
Be advised DHCD can help in providing Utility assistance along with ERAP. It is as simple as checking a box on the application and uploading copies of utility bills.
For information about the Emergency Rental Assistance Program and to apply, please the Emergency Rental Assistance Program website.
County Offices Re-Opening
On August 30, 2021, Prince George’s County government offices will re-open to the public. The Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) will be open to the public by appointment.
To schedule an in-person appointment, contact:
Kiara Jones at 301-883-6511 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Prince George's County Department of Housing & Community Development (DHCD) is responsible for administering entitlement programs with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
DHCD is comprised of two divisions:
• Community Planning Development Division (CPD) - Responsible for administering federal entitlement programs designed to address the needs of low-to-moderate income residents of Prince George's County. These programs include: Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), Emergency Solution Grant (ESG), and Housing Opportunities for Persons with HIV/AIDS (HOPWA)
• Housing Development Division (HDD) - Responsible for administering the HOME Investment Partnerships Program. HOME provides "gap" financing for real estate developers to build affordable housing developments for families and individuals with income below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI).
DCHD also supports the following programs:
• Pathway to Purchase Home Buyer Assistance Program - Through this program, eligible homebuyers are provided down payment and closing cost assistance to purchase residential properties in the County that are for sale, foreclosed, or owner-occupied short-sale.
• Single Family Homeowner Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Assistance Program - funding is provided to support rehabilitation loans to homeowners for repairs up to $60,000.
• Prince George's County Housing Fair - This free event is currently on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but each Spring, attendees learn about the home buying process and speak with industry experts to find out about the County's rental properties and senior properties.
Woodlands at Reid Temple
Homes at Oxon Hill
Suitland Senior Residences