Local Development Council
Per State Law, the Local Development Council is committed to representing the interests of the local community impacted by the opening of the MGM National Harbor gaming facility in Prince George’s County.
In 2012, Prince George’s County voters approved a referendum that authorized a sixth gaming license in the State of Maryland. This allowed MGM Resorts International to open at National Harbor on December 8, 2016.
State law ensures public input in several elements of the gaming facility. According to law, a Local Development Council (LDC) must be established in each jurisdiction where a gaming licensee operates (view Relevant Law). This body, composed of 15 individuals representing different stakeholder groups, consults with the county on the following:
- The development of a multiyear plan for the expenditure of local impact grant funds (see Local Impact Grants below)
- The review of a master plan provided by the gaming licensee for the development of the gaming site
- The development of a comprehensive transportation plan for the gaming facility
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agendas & Recordings
Agendas are available before the meetings.
- 7 p.m.
- 3rd Wednesday of each Month (View the Calendar for Details)
- Virtual Meetings via Zoom
- Register for the Upcoming Meeting
In addition to 3 representatives from the General Assembly and 1 from MGM, the LDC must be composed of 7 residents of the communities and 4 representatives of the businesses/institutions located in immediate proximity to the facility.
General Assembly/Elected Officials
- Delegate Veronica Turner (Vice Chair)
- Delegate Jamila Woods
- Senator C. Anthony Muse
- Ernest Lewis, National Harbor
- Dr. Toye Latimore, Fort Washington (Chair)
- Ebonique Bethea, Fort Washington
- Dr. Evalina Huggins, Temple Hills
- Christina Jackson, Fort Washington
- Lori Paylor, Fort Washington
- Sharisse Lane, Fort Washington
- Evelyn Wilson, Fort Washington
If you are interested in being considered for an appointment, please send a letter of interest and your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
- Community Engagement
- Community Needs Assessment
- Grant Oversight
- Program Priorities & Budget
- Public Relations
- Public Safety & Transportation
Reports & Spending Plans
One of the Local Development Council’s primary responsibilities is to provide public input on a multi-year plan for the expenditure of local impact grants. These funds are a portion of gaming revenue dedicated by law for use primarily in the communities in immediate proximity to National Harbor (see § 9-1A-31 in Relevant Law).