Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Prince George’s County is committed to fostering a culture that promotes respect, trust, and celebration of the unique lived experience of our residents. We believe that all Prince Georgians have a right to be seen, valued, and heard. Our commitment is further strengthened through our Equity Based Standards.
Equity Based Standards
- We will strive to provide employees with equitable access to resources and learning.
- We will strive to ensure that all employees are treated equitably and held to the same standards of excellence and accountability.
- We will strive to cultivate greater diversity, inclusion, and retention throughout all county offices and departments.
- We will strive to ensure that every employee is seen, valued, heard, and feels safe to contribute.
- We will strive to promote the value of life experiences, cultures, languages, viewpoints, and identities.
- We will strive to foster space to have meaningful and effective dialogue amongst our communities that aid in our pursuit to be a more inclusive workforce.
- We will strive to ensure that all external stakeholders, partners, and business entities/vendors who collaborate with the county, possess a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion – with an emphasis on services to our most vulnerable and marginalized populations.
- We will strive to ensure that every Prince Georgian has a voice in government and equitable access to county services. In alignment with our Proud Priorities, we will provide excellent delivery of public services and programs, by actively seeking input from various cultural, racial, and linguistic communities to better understand and respond to the needs and concerns of our community.
- We will strive to ensure that no employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of age, race, sex, creed, color, religion, national origin, political or union affiliation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other factors not based on merit.
When we go together, we are unstoppable. An example for the rest of the nation, there's no limit to what is possible. Prince Georgian's we cannot stop now. – Angela Alsobrooks, County Executive, 2022 Inauguration Ceremony