Gladys Noon Spellman Scholarship Application
During Women's History Month, the Prince George's County Office of the County Executive presents a scholarship in memory of Congresswoman Gladys Noon Spellman. Ms. Spellman was a celebrated public servant of Prince George's County for more than two decades. This year’s theme is: “Celebrating Women Who Tell Our Stories”.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be a Prince George's County resident.
- The candidate must be in the 12th grade (accepted into a college or pending).
- The candidate should be involved in school activities, as well as non-school activities.
- The candidate should provide examples of community service.
- The candidate must have a GPA of 2.5 and above.
- If selected, the candidate must attend in-person the Annual Women's History Month celebration on Thursday, March 30, 2023, from 11:00 am to 2:30 pm for the presentation of their scholarship.
Your application MUST include the following and all letters of recommendation and transcripts must be submitted via the WHML Portal:
- Unofficial copy of your high school transcript (Mandatory)
- Copy of most current report card (Mandatory)
- Two letters of reference (School Counselor/Teacher/Administrator and a non-family member - Mandatory)
- Essay prompt: Tell us about a time when you had a belief or idea challenged and/or supported. How did it make you feel? (Mandatory) Essay must be formatted in Times New Roman, 12 pt., double spaced, 500 words (Mandatory)
- Examples of your extra-curricular/community service activities: High School and Community-oriented (i.e., certificates, news clips, etc.) to support your application are welcomed. Applications are due Friday, March 10, 2023, by 11:59 pm (incomplete and late applications will not be accepted, no exceptions)
- All scholar applications, fill out the Gladys Noon Spellman application form.
If you have any questions, please send them to PGWHML@co.pg.md.us