The small drain near my basement door is blocked and causing my house to flood. What can be done?

This is an areaway drain and is the responsibility of the property owner to maintain it. The resident should check to see if the small grate on top of the drain is clogged and clear it if necessary. If the grate is clear, a plumber should be contacted to ensure that the pipe leading from the areaway drain is clear and free of obstructions.

Related questions