Growing Green With Pride Event – Spring 2019
Prince George’s County will host a Countywide community clean up program entitled "Growing Green With Pride." This event supports our Beautification Initiative to make our community cleaner and greener by conducting individual community plantings and coordinating beautification activities throughout the County. “Growing Green With Pride”, in collaboration with Keep Prince George’s County Beautiful, Prince George’s County Public Schools, and The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, demonstrates our shared commitment to keeping our communities appealing and attractive. Community organizations and groups are encouraged to participate.
Saturday, May 4, 2019
- 8 am -12 pm - Community Clean Ups
- 12 pm - 3 pm - Picnic Celebration with County Executive Angela Alsobrooks
Message from the County Executive
Spring is fast approaching and I am delighted to invite you to the Inaugural "Growing Green With Pride" Day and Volunteer Picnic.
Please join me on Saturday, May 4, 2019 from 8:00 am to noon for a countywide "Growing Green With Pride" day of beautification.
Our County is our Crown Jewel and keeping it clean and aesthetically welcoming is a collective effort. I plan to have my gloves, litter tracker and picker to help out at as many sites as possible.
If your community or organization would like to join me by participating in the "Growing Green With Pride" day, I encourage you to please complete the registration form online. The registration deadline is Friday, April 19, 2019.
In appreciation of your hard work and participation, the day will culminate at Watkins Regional Park for a volunteer picnic to celebrate our progress.
Thank you for your continued support and cooperation as we work together to Grow Prince George’s Pride.
Yours in Service,
Prince George’s County Executive
Important Dates and Information
The Registration Period will end on Friday, April 19, 2019.
Safety vests, trash bags, gloves, litter grabbers, t-shirts, and mulch will be available for pick up, on the following dates, at DPW&T’s Maintenance Operations Center (8400 D’Arcy Road, Forestville):
- Wednesday, May 1st from 5 pm until 8 pm
- Thursday, May 2nd from 8 am until 8 pm
- Friday, May 3rd from 8 am until 8 pm
If you are unable to complete the online registration, please download a Registration Form (PDF), and Volunteer Form, and e-mail or mail them to Stacy Howard. Registration and volunteer forms are due by Friday, April 19, 2019.
Permission Slips and Community Service Hours for Students
- For all students under the age of 18, a permission slip will be required by their parent or guardian. Please download a permission slip and submit it to the organization’s coordinator. All permission slips shall be with the coordinator onsite for the May 4th event.
- Prince George’s County Public School students who would like to earn service learning hours by volunteering at the community clean up event may pick up the form in their school’s guidance office and have it signed by the organization’s coordinator for their site.
Join County Executive Angela Alsobrooks for a picnic celebration immediately following clean up activities at:
Watkins Regional Park
301 Watkins Park, Upper Marlboro
From 12 pm - 3 pm
- Free Food and Beverages
- Free Entertainment
- Free Activities for Children
Prizes will be awarded to:
- Top 3 Organizations with the largest litter collections (captured with the LitterTrak App)
- Organization with the most participants
- Organization with the most youth participants