To ensure the best operational control of our resources deployed throughout the county, we apportion our Department into seven community response areas, which we refer to as “battalions”. Each battalion operates like a smaller fire department within the Prince George’s County Fire/EMS Department, and includes up to seven fire rescue stations. This operational model provides each of the communities we serve with a stronger level of accountability and attention to local needs and issues.
- Battalion 1 serves all communities in the general vicinity of Capitol Heights, Landover and Largo.
- Battalion 2 serves all communities in the general vicinity of Bowie, New Carrollton, Lanham, and Glenn Dale.
- Battalion 3 serves all communities in the general vicinity of District Heights, Temple Hills, Hillcrest Heights and Forestville.
- Battalion 4 serves all communities in the communities in the general vicinity of Hyattsville, Langley Park, Chillum, Brentwood, College Park and Riverdale.
- Battalion 5 serves all communities in the general vicinity of Accokeek, Camp Springs and Oxon Hill.
- Battalion 6 serves all communities in the general vicinity of Laurel, Greenbelt, Beltsville, and Berwyn Heights
- Battalion 7 serves all communities in the general vicinity of Upper Marlboro, Clinton and Baden.
Our busiest service areas are located within Battalions one, three and five, which includes the area commonly bordered by the District line to the west, Central Avenue to the north, the Capitol Beltway to the east, and Allentown Road to the South. These areas represent more than 60% of our total calls for service, as they contain the highest population densities.
Please take the time to view our many stations within Prince George's County.