Code of Ethics
- We acknowledge that our three fundamental duties are to serve this community; to safeguard lives and property; and to respect the rights of all.
- We understand and hereby recognize and commit that our actions must always remain above reproach;
- We will remain honest in thought and deed in both personal and official life, and commit that we will strive to conduct our private affairs in a wholesome manner;
- We will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of this Department;
- We will never permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities or friendships to influence our decisions;
- We will be constantly mindful of the welfare of others, and
- We will never act maliciously or resort to unnecessary force or violence in the performance of duties.
Should information of a confidential nature be confided in the course of our duties, such information will be kept in confidence unless its revelation is deemed to be absolutely necessary to fulfill our obligation.
We recognize that being permitted to be a part of this organization is both an honor and an expression of public faith. We openly accept this honor as a public trust, to be held only so long as we remain true to the ethical and moral values of the Prince George’s County Fire/EMS Department.