Department of Social Services
Department of Social Services (DSS) is the state’s human services provider. DSS helps vulnerable Marylanders buy healthy foods, pay energy bills, and obtain medical assistance. DSS also provides stable environments for at-risk children and adults.
- The Food Supplement Program helps low-income households to buy nutritious food.
- The Medical Assistance program provides health benefits for disabled and low-income Marylanders
- The Maryland Energy Assistance program helps low-income Marylanders pay utility and home heating bills.
- The Temporary Cash Assistance program provides cash to families with children and helps adults to find employment.
- The Temporary Disability Assistance Program provides cash assistance to the disabled while their Supplemental Security Income application is being processed.
- The Burial Assistance program helps to offset burial expenses for low-income families.