Language Access Compliance Program
Program Description Para español haga clic aquí
You have the right to be served in the language of your choosing. If you have had an issue with getting county government services in your preferred language, please fill out this form.
The Prince George’s County Language Access Compliance Program (LACP) is a division within the Office of Human Rights (OHR) created by the Language Access for Public Services Act of 2017 - CB-62-2017 and the Language Access for Public Services Amendment of 2020 - CB-34-2020. These require that county agencies provide enhanced language access services to the residents of Prince George’s County who cannot, or have limited capacity to, speak, read, or write English.
The language access program provides training, oversight, monitoring and investigation of Prince George’s County Government's implementation and compliance with the law above. The LACP comprises of three areas: compliance, monitoring, investigation and enforcement; policy guidance, training, and technical support to County agencies; and education and community outreach to County residents.
Prince George’s County Government Agencies Under Language Access for Public Services Act of 2017
These are the agencies named:
- Department of Health
- Department of Social Services
- Department of Family Services
- Department of Housing and Community Development
- Housing Authority
- Office of Human Resources Management
- Police Department
- Department of Corrections
- Fire Department
- Office of Central Services
- Department of Public Works and Transportation
- Department of Permitting, Inspection, and Enforcement
- Office of Finance
- Office of Law
- Office of Community Relations
- Office of Human Rights
- Department of Environment
- County Council
The Agencies' Responsibilities
The county agencies listed above are required to do the following:
- Collect and report data on language encounters
- Provide interpretation services in the customer’s language preference
- Provide written document translations in the customer’s language preference
- Conduct outreach to LEP/NEP communities
Note: The Language Access Compliance Program is in its initial phases of rollout. Please check back for more information in the coming months. If you would like to learn more about language access in Prince George's County, please contact the Language Access Compliance Program Director, Henry Jimenez, at 301-780-8237 or 301-456-4735 or by emailing HRJimenez@co.pg.md.us.