Sinkholes have formed in my yard. Who is responsible for filling them?

The Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) can determine if there are sewer or water lines in the vicinity of the sinkholes. If a public storm drain is located in the area, the County can determine if the sinkholes are caused by the storm drain. If the sinkholes are unrelated to WSSC or County lines, it is the property owner's responsibility to find out the cause and make corrections. If an abandoned well or septic system is suspected or discovered, please contact the Prince George's County Health Department.

Related questions