Parking Enforcement Officer (Full-Time)
The Revenue Authority of Prince George’s County has two openings for Parking Enforcement Officers. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals for this full-time opportunity. We are currently looking for individuals who can work the evening shift, Wednesday- Sunday, from 2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
The agency is a quasi-governmental entity that serves as a real estate development and development finance agency, an operator of programs and facilities, and a manager of programs and facilities in partnership with other County agencies. Positions are paid directly through the Revenue Authority of Prince George’s County payroll.
The Parking Enforcement Officer (PEO) is authorized to undertake parking enforcement activities on behalf of the Revenue Authority of Prince George’s County. The primary task of a PEO is to patrol designated areas and beats within Prince George’s County and to issue parking violation notices to the owner/operator of vehicles parked in violation of the Prince George’s County Code.
- Patrols designated parking areas thoroughly and diligently for purposes of monitoring, regulating, and controlling parking.
- Cites violations of the Prince George’s County Code to vehicles found to be parked in violation of applicable regulations.
- Appears in court if citations issued by the PEO are contested.
- Serves as the first line of notification when equipment at facilities designed for parking are in an unsafe condition or not in full and complete working order.
- Performs simple vehicle maintenance procedures, such as checking oil, vehicle damage and tire pressure.
- Performs periodic special parking enforcement duties as assigned.
- Safely handles and secures all equipment.
- Prepares Pre-Inspection Forms, signs for equipment daily, prepares citation voids and incident reports, when required.
High school diploma or GED with 1 year of working experience, which demonstrates the abilities necessary to perform the essential duties. Possession of a valid motor vehicle driver’s license for at least 5 (five) years.
- Ability to use computerized equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate both in written and verbal form in English.
- Ability to interpret, apply, explain and enforce laws, codes and ordinances governing the parking of motor vehicles in Prince George’s County.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment within established guidelines and supervisory direction.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, public and other governmental agencies.
- Ability to analyze situations and determine appropriate course of action.
- Ability to prepare and maintain clear, concise and accurate documentation.
Why Should You Join Our Team
As a dynamic agency, we understand what it means to have a work culture that is dedicated and flexible to create a work/life balance. The Revenue Authority of Prince George’s County is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to our mission and values, while promoting a sense of belonging and growth with our coworkers.
Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees.
We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, vision, EAP services, and more!
- Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Telework/Hybrid Work for Qualified Positions
- Opportunities for Professional Development
- Friendly Team-oriented Work Environment
If you are interested in this position, we encourage you to apply!
Conditions of Employment
Must undergo background check and drug screen
Eligibility to Work
Under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, an employer is required to hire only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers. Selected candidates for employment will be required to show and verify authorization to work in the United States.
How to Apply
Please complete an application and submit your resume by clicking the link below.
Open until filled.