The Prince George's County Department of Housing and Community Development implements several initiatives designed to address the mission of the agency:
- HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME) Multi-Family Development Program - Provides “gap” financing for real estate developers to build affordable housing developments for families and individuals with income below 80% the Area Median Income (AMI);
- Pathway to Purchase Home Buyer Assistance Program - Provides down payment and closing cost assistance to eligible homebuyers to purchase for sale, foreclosed or owner occupied short-sale residential properties in the County;
- Single Family Homeowner Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Assistance Program - Provides funding to support rehabilitation loans to homeowners for repairs, including roof replacement, electrical and plumbing work, etc. Loans are available up to $60,000;
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) - Provides funding support to development viable urban communities by providing decent housing, a suitable living environment and expanding economic development opportunities;
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) - Provides funds for emergency shelters and to help prevent homelessness. This program is implemented by the Prince George's County Department of Social Services (DSS);
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) - Funds support rental and emergency assistance through a voucher system to individuals and families with AIDS.