The Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) was developed to allow a fire department to fairly obtain a diverse pool of candidates who are physically capable of performing the tasks required in recruit school. This list below provides all of the documents and information you need to participate in the Prince George’s County Fire/EMS Department’s CPAT process.
- Please read the orientation information carefully.
- The Waiver of Claim for Injury must be completed by every CPAT participant and brought to each practice run and the final."
- If you plan on taking the CPAT final only, you must complete the Waiver of Claim for Injury and the Waiver of CPAT Orientation and submit them to PGFD-CPAT@co.pg.md.us. If you choose this option, you will have one opportunity to pass CPAT rather than three.
- CPAT participants need to bring a notarized Authorization for Release of Personal Information to orientation or the first practice test (or final).
- CPAT participants need to complete all of the following forms and bring them to each practice test and the final test: Sign-In Sheet, Test Evaluation Form, Rehabilitation Form.
- Review the CPAT Practice Session Guide, CPAT Preparation Guide and CPAT Instruction Video; use these resources to start a training regimen.