Board of Elections
Due to a continued rise in COVID-19 metrics, Prince George’s County reinstituted an indoor public mask mandate.
All visitors over the age of 2 will be required to wear masks in the Board of Elections office, even if they are fully vaccinated.
SPECIAL ELECTION - Council District 8
The Prince George’s County Board of Elections will conduct a Vote-By-Mail Special Election to fill the vacancy in County Council District 8. Ballots will be mailed to every eligible voter residing in County Council District 8. Ballots will be mailed including postage-paid return envelopes in mid-December 2021 prior to the Special Primary Election and in mid-January, 2022 for the Special General Election. NOTE: Only Democrats and Republicans residing in Council District 8 are eligible to vote in the Special Primary Election.
In person voting will also be offered at the Southern Regional Technology and Recreation Complex Vote Center located at 7007 Bock Road, Fort Washington, MD 20744.
The dates and times are as follows:
Special Primary Election:
- Special Primary Election-January 4, 2022, 7am-8pm.
- Special Primary - Early voting will be conducted on December 27-30, 2021 and January 2-3, 2022, (10am-8pm each day and 12pm – 6pm on Sunday).
Special General Election
- Special General Election-February 1, 2022, 7am-8pm.
- Special General - Early voting will be conducted on January 26-January 31, 2022, (10am-8pm and 12pm – 6pm on Sunday).
Candidate Filing Deadline: Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 9pm.
NOTE: In addition to the filing documents, candidates must prepare a maximum of 500 word statement that will be included in the ballot packet to voters.
Voter Registration/Party Affiliation Deadline (County Council District 8 residents only): Tuesday, December 14, 2021 for the Special Primary Election, 5pm.
Ballot Drop Boxes will be available at the following locations:
Crossland High School
6901 Temple Hill Road
Camp Springs, MD 20748
Southern Regional Technology & Recreation Complex
7007 Bock Road
Fort Washington, MD 20744
Temple Hills Community Center
5300 Temple Hill Road
Temple Hills, MD 20748
Prince George's County Board of Elections
1100 Mercantile Lane, Suite 115A
Largo, MD 20774
The website will be updated regularly. Please contact The Prince George’s County Board of Elections on 301-341-7300 for additional information.
2022 GUBERNATORIAL ELECTION DATES
Primary Election - June 28, 2022, 7 am until 8 pm
- Early Voting for the Primary Election - Thursday, June 16, 2022 through Thursday, June 23, 2022 from 7 am until 8 pm.
General Election - November 8, 2022, 7 am until 8 pm
- Early Voting for the General Election - Thursday, October 27, 2022 through Thursday, November 3, 2022 from 7 am until 8 pm
Robert G. McGinley, Esq. Board Attorney
NOTICE OF BOARD ACTION
During its Monday, December 6, 2021 meeting, the members of the Prince George’s County Board of Elections will consider one of the following as a NEW Early Voting Site for the 2022 Primary and General Election:
- Reid Temple AME Church, 11400 Glenn Dale Blvd, Glenn Dale, MD 20769
- Hillcrest Heights Community Center, 2300 Oxon Run Drive, Temple Hills, MD 20748
- Rollingcrest-Chillum Community Center, 6120 Sargent Road, Chillum, MD 20782
The existing early voting sites are as follows:
- Upper Marlboro Community Center, 5400 Marlboro Race Track Road, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
- College Park Community Center, 5051 Pierce Avenue, College Park, MD 20740
- Bowie Gymnasium, 4100 Northview Drive, Bowie, MD 20716
- Wayne K. Curry Sports & Learning, 8001 Sheriff Road, Landover, MD 20785
- South Regional Tech and Rec Complex, 7007 Bock Road, Fort Washington, MD 20744
- Laurel-Beltsville Senior Center – 7120 Contee Road, Laurel, MD 20707
- Baden Community Center, 13601 Baden-Westwood Road, Brandywine, MD 20613
- Suitland Community Center, 5600 Regency Lane, Forestville, MD 20747
- Accokeek VFD Training & Activity Center, 16111 Livingston Road, Accokeek, MD 20607
- VFW Post 8950 Hansen Hall, 9800 Good Luck Road, Lanham, MD 20706
- Kentland Community Center, 2413 Pinebrook Avenue, Landover, MD 20786
- Southern Area Aquatic & Recreation Complex, 13601 Missouri Avenue, Brandywine, MD 20613
The Board of Elections is soliciting public comment regarding the proposed early voting site. Please submit your comments via email no later than Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 4:30pm. The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of the Prince George's County Board of Elections is to promote voter education, administer an efficient voting process, maintain an accurate voter registration database, and ensure that elected officials are elected in accordance with Federal, State, and County election laws.
The Governor, by and with the consent of the Senate, appoints five persons who constitute the Board of Elections. The appointees are selected from lists furnished by the County Central Committee of the Democratic and Republican parties. The Board is responsible for the supervision of all County, State and Federal Elections held in Prince George's County.
The Board of Elections is responsible for the supervision of elections, voter registration and record keeping, and the administration of election laws in Prince George's County, in accordance with The Election Law Article of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The Board and the Election Administrator seek to provide voter registration to every County citizen who wants it.