Prince George's County Board of Elections
Prince George's County Official 2022 Gubernatorial Primary Election Results These results will be reflected in the Md. State Board of Elections results report shortly.
The deadline to request a recount for a county/local office is different from the deadline to request a recount for a State or federal office.
• For a county office, the deadline to request is 3 calendar days after the Prince George's County Board of Elections certified the election. The Prince George's County Board of Elections certified the 2022 Gubernatorial Primary Election on August 1, 2022. The deadline to request a recount for a county office is August 4, 2022.
• For a State or federal office, the deadline to request a recount is 3 calendar days after the State Board of Elections certifies the election. The State Board is scheduled to meet on August 15 at 1 pm to certify the election.
COVID-19 REQUIREMENT: Prince George’s County lifted its indoor mask mandate on Monday, February 28, 2022. Our office is currently open to the public.
2022 GUBERNATORIAL ELECTION DATES
Primary Election Day - Tuesday, July 19, 2022 - 7 am until 8 pm
- Early Voting for the Primary Election - Thursday, July 7, 2022 through Thursday, July 14, 2022 from 7 am until 8 pm.
General Election Day - Tuesday, November 8, 2022 - 7 am until 8 pm
- Early Voting for the General Election - Thursday, October 27, 2022 through Thursday, November 3, 2022 from 7 am until 8 pm.
Important: Political district boundaries are changing! The Prince Georges County Board of Elections made changes to County, State, and Congressional districts. District boundaries are adjusted every ten years based on how the population changes. Learn more about redistricting and what it means for you here.
I’m a candidate for office. How do I receive information about my new district? (UPDATED May 24, 2022)
Below are the NEW districts and precincts:
- Clement A. Gaynor, Jr. (R)
- Terri L. Williams (D)
- Lucille Gaither (R)
- Anita C. Jones, Recording Secretary
The mission of the Prince George's County Board of Elections is to promote voter education, administer an efficient voting process, maintain an accurate voter registration database, and ensure that elected officials are elected in accordance with Federal, State, and County election laws.
The Governor, by and with the consent of the Senate, appoints five persons who constitute the Board of Elections. The appointees are selected from lists furnished by the County Central Committee of the Democratic and Republican parties. The Board is responsible for the supervision of all County, State and Federal Elections held in Prince George's County.
The Board of Elections is responsible for the supervision of elections, voter registration and record keeping, and the administration of election laws in Prince George's County, in accordance with The Election Law Article of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The Board and the Election Administrator seek to provide voter registration to every County citizen who wants it.