Parking Citations

Parking Citations

1. How do I obtain an MVA Release? 

If your vehicle registration renewal is being withheld due to a parking citation issued by Prince George’s County (Case Number 2600), payment must be made in person at the Revenue Authority office at: 1300 Mercantile Lane, Suite 108, Largo, MD 20774

Payment Methods: 
Personal checks will not be accepted for payment for an MVA release. Acceptable forms of payment are Cash, Visa, Master Card, American Express, Money Order, or Certified Check.

2. How do I pay for parking tickets?

Pay Online:
Transactions using a credit / debit card will be charged a $3 transaction fee. Visit our payment portal to make your payment online.
Pay by Phone: 
Please call 855-743-2090 to make your payment by phone. You may pay with either a Credit/ Debit card. There will be a $3 fee associated with each transaction. 
Pay in Person: 
Pay in person at the Revenue Authority office
1300 Mercantile Lane
Suite 108
Largo, MD 20774
Note: Cash Payments will no longer be accepted effective Monday, March 16, 2020
Acceptable Payment options: Debit/Credit, Money Order, Cashiers’ Check.
Pay by Mail: 
To pay by mail, please send your payment to:
The Revenue Authority
3540 Crain Highway
Suite 182
Bowie, MD 20716

3. When are Boots applied to vehicles?

Motorist must have two or more unpaid parking tickets over 90 days or currently not pending an approved court hearing.

To release your vehicle:
Pay parking tickets: 855-877-296-1041
You will get the information to release your vehicle.

Towed Vehicles:
To reclaim your vehicle if towed: Pay parking tickets: 855-877-296-1041
To obtain the release, the Register Owner needs to provide for review a government- issued identification card and one of the following documents:

1. Machine printed registration card.
2. Machine printed title with the owner’s name machine printed on the front.
3. Machine printed insurance card with the owner’s name and VIN#.
4. Notarized letter or document from the owner authorizing a third party to retrieve the vehicle.
5. MVA VR-277 Receipt of Title Application, (used when someone presents a title with their name signed on the back, not the front of the title).
6. Court document ordering the release of the vehicle (writ of replevin).

4. Is the vehicle in the roadway impeding traffic?

If a vehicle is impeding traffic, please call 911 or the non-emergency police number: 301-352-1200. 

5. Where is the vehicle located? 

Private Property: This vehicle/complaint is located on private property (driveway, backyard, side of the house). The Revenue Authority cannot enforce or issue citations on private property. This complaint is being transfer to The Department of Permitting, Inspection and Enforcement. 

Townhome Community, HOA, Apartment Complex: This vehicle/complaint is located on private property (HOA/Apartment Complex). The Revenue Authority cannot enforce or issue citations on private property. Please contact the tow company assigned to your complex or Prince George’s County Police.