My car has been impounded in Prince George's County. What information will I need to obtain a vehicle release?

A vehicle release can be obtained at any Prince George's County Police Station. The information you will need is the title or registration for the vehicle, and a photo ID of yourself showing that you are the owner of the vehicle. If you are the owner of a vehicle involved in an accident, and are on the scene of the accident, with the proper identification (photo ID and the vehicle registration) you can obtain a vehicle release from the officer on the scene. If you are not the registered owner, you must present an original signed and notarized authorization from the owner granting you permission to obtain the release.

Related questions