What can I do to protect myself and others against the virus?
- All Maryland residents and visitors must wear face coverings in the public spaces of all businesses, including gyms and fitness centers, on public transportation, and in outdoor public areas whenever it is not possible to maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet.
- While wearing your mask, maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others whenever you are around people who are not in your household.
- Avoid large crowds. Do not host or attend large gatherings. As outlined in the Health Officer’s July 31st Directive and Order, social, community, spiritual, religious, recreational, leisure, and sporting gatherings and events are limited to a maximum of 50 persons at all locations and venues, including but not limited to parades, festivals, conventions, and fundraisers. CDC and MDH social distancing protocols must be followed. Planned larger gatherings and events must be canceled or postponed.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol, if soap and water are not available.
- Stay home as much as possible, except to go to work, buy groceries, and other essential actions.