My non-profit is based in the District of Columbia. However, we also provide services in Prince George’s County. Which entity should I contact to obtain proof of my “Good Standing?”

Your Certificate of Status, also known as your “Certificate of Good Standing”, should be obtained from the jurisdiction where your organization was incorporated. If your organization was formed in the District of Columbia, you should provide a “Certificate of Clean Hands” from the District of Columbia’s Office of Tax and Revenue, not the State of Maryland.

Related questions