The Civilian manager for this office is responsible for the maintenance and administration of the Fire/EMS Department fleet.
The personnel assigned must have a thorough knowledge of office practices, procedures and methods, and their efficient application. Additionally, they must have both experience and a mechanical knowledge of Fire/EMS apparatus and equipment in order to establish policies and procedures that affect the entire Department.
- Ensures blanket purchase orders are sufficiently funded in order to prevent any interruption of service
- Develops detailed specifications for fire/rescue apparatus purchase
- Oversees the major repairs and maintenance procedures including
- Coordinates breathing apparatus repairs/maintenance
- Issues Apparatus Maintenance Instructions
- Monitors significant repair trends
- Conducts annual testing for aerial ladders
- Schedules MD State Inspections for large apparatus