Missed Collection and Other Collection Issues

Missed Collection and other Collection Issues


1. My regular trash/recycling/yard waste/food scraps or bulky was missed. How can I report this so it can be picked up?

If TODAY is your collection day, crews have until 8pm to complete their collection routes. All bulky items MUST BE NEXT TO THE TRASH CART for collection and are limited to no more than two (2) standard bulky items. For acceptable bulky items, visit mypgc.us/clearthecurb.

If your materials are not picked up by 8pm, please report it the NEXT BUSINESS DAY.  Click HERE to submit a service request by selecting “Missed Collection and Other Collection Issues.”  An Inspector will be dispatched to inspect and address the missed pick up/collection concern.

Please note: Tuesday is the last day to report a missed yard trim collection. 

Residents can report same day food scrap collection concerns after 12 noon on their scheduled collection day.

My trash/recycling/yard trim/(2) bulky items was not collected today, what should I do?

Did you have your items out before 6am? Collections begin at 6am. If your items were not out by 6am, please return your collection carts/material back to your storage area. Please be sure to have your items set out by 6am on the next collection day. 

Is there a weight limit on trash/recycling carts/containers or bags?


Containers and its contents must not weigh more than 60 lbs. in order to be collected. Please reduce the weight within the collection container to meet the weight requirement; and utilize a second collection container or bag if necessary. 

How do I dispose of bamboo?


Bamboo is not compostable. Therefore, it must be tied in bundles no longer than 4 feet in length and placed with regular household trash for collection. 

I am trying to recycle plastic bags or Styrofoam, but the haulers won’t collect it, what should I do?

Plastic bags and Styrofoam are not recyclable in Prince George’s County’s single stream recycling program. Additionally, plastic bags can be returned to the grocery store for recycling. Otherwise, plastic bags and Styrofoam need to be placed in your regular household trash for collection.

How do I get rid of paint?

Latex paint is not considered hazardous and can be placed in your regular household trash bag disposal AFTER it has been completely dried out (open the lid, add kitty litter or paint drying agent to solidify the latex paint.). Acrylic and oil-based paints need to be disposed of properly and can be brought to the Household Hazardous Waste site at the Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.

How do I prevent my containers from tipping over or spilling when there are storms or high winds?

Place lighter materials at the bottom of your wheeled cart and heavier items on top to prevent the lighter items from blowing out or place a heavy object on top of the lid to keep items from blowing out. For more tips, including the inclement weather policy, visit bit.ly/pgccollectionweatherpolicy.
Residents are advised to bring in their carts after collections have occurred; and the County is not responsible for lost carts.

The collection truck had spillage/the haulers damaged my cart/mixed my trash and recyclables/other complaint. How do I report this?

Click HERE to submit a hauler complaint by selecting “Missed Collection and Other Collection Issues.”  

Do you offer collection services for the elderly or disabled?

Yes, the County offers On-premise regular household trash and recycling service! To qualify, no one living in the home can be under 65 years of age or be physically able to transport the materials to the curb.  Click HERE to submit an “On-Premise Collection Assistance” service request.

Note: Bulky trash material must be brought to the curb for collection.