Common Ownership Communities - Alternative Dispute Resolution

Alternative Dispute Resolution

1. What is Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)?

ADR is a process in which individuals in dispute come together to discuss their issues. Participants are in charge of their own outcome and are led through a process by the ADR practitioner.

2. Does the Office of Community Relations provide ADR services?

Yes. ADR services are provided for appropriate cases involving boards and community members. Community cases such as neighbor disputes, child visitation, family, etc. should contact the Prince George’s Community Collaborative Resolution Center- (301)690-0116 or (

3. I have a case I believe is appropriate for ADR. How do I get started?

Contact the Office of Community Relations at (301)952-4729 for intake and screening.