What work is exempt from obtaining a permit?
The following are exempt:
- A one-story detached accessory structure on one- and two-family dwelling properties with less than 150 square feet of floor space not designed or intended for occupation or habitation and limited to 1 accessory structure only per property.
- All forms of paving less than 500 square feet except for parking surfaces.
- A retaining wall not greater than 2 feet in height unless supporting a structure.
- Fence not greater than 4 feet in height.
- Please refer to Subtitle 4. Section 4-111., IBC Section 105 for more information.