How do I get a street light repaired or replaced?

Once street lights are installed, they are maintained by the utility companies. As a result, burned-out or damaged street lights should be reported to the utility company serving the area. This is usually the same company serving your home with electricity.

Be prepared to provide specific information: (e.g. in front of ___________; across the street from ____________; wood or metal pole, overhead or below ground service, etc.). The utility companies prefer that residents report street light problems directly to their offices since residents are in a better position to provide necessary information. Most repairs are performed within 72 hours of notifying the utility company. View more information on the Street Lights page.

Related questions