How can I get one of those security lights like my neighbor has?

The utility companies can sometimes provide lighting for security purposes. This is called dusk-to-dawn or private area lighting. Normally, they are installed only in areas with an above ground electrical distribution system. The fixture is similar to a street light; it is mounted on a wooden utility pole and directed over the homeowner's property. The monthly rental cost is included in the owner's electric bill. Requests for dusk-to-dawn or private area lighting must be made directly to the utility company. The telephone numbers can be found on the Street Lights page.

Related questions