How do I change banks?

You can request a direct deposit form from the Pensions and Investments Division, download a copy from the forms section on this site, or you can mail/fax in a new direct deposit form from your new bank.

If you are opening a new account, there will be a one month processing period. During this time, you will receive your check in the mail at the address on file. Your check will be deposited into the new account the following month.

If you are only changing account numbers, but remaining with the same bank, there is no waiting/processing period; your deposit will take effect the following month.

We recommend that you keep your old account open until you have seen the new direct deposit take effect.

Related questions