Do I need a permit to grade behind my yard? When is it necessary to have a Grading Permit?

Yes, a grading permit is required if you are grading more than 5,000 square feet of land or moving more than 100 cubic yards of soil. If you are grading in the public road rights-of-way, a street construction permit is required even if less than 5,000 square feet.

Related questions