The light in front of my house shines in my window. How can I have this corrected?

A light directly in front of a home (i.e., on the same side of the street) can usually be shaded. The utility company darkens the house side of the refractor or globe to black out the annoying light. Generally, there is no cost for this service. If the annoying light fixture is across the street it cannot be shaded, as this would prevent the light from illuminating the roadway. Homeowners desiring a shade should call our Roadway Lighting Section at 301-883-5650.

Related questions