How do I become a Mentor?
A business must submit an application that meet the following requirements:
- Meet the County’s Responsibility criteria as defined in Section XII of the County’s Procurement Regulations
- Be in good standing with local and state agencies
- Be in business for five or more years
- Successfully completed a minimum of ten (10) projects/contracts within the same in the North American Industry Classification System Code (NAICS)
- Designate a senior-level officer as a company representative committed to a 24-month agreement with a Protégé
- Have the resources to commit to the developmental needs of the Protégé
- Understand that equal access for emerging businesses makes good sense and that partnerships with emerging businesses will enable growth for larger organizations.
- Possess the ability to provide valuable support to a Protégé through lessons learned, practical experience gained from competitively procured contracts and general knowledge of government contracting