Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
FY 2016 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Formula Program: Local Solicitation Joint Application for $312,667
The Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant requires the application be made available for public comment. To make any comments pertaining to the application, contact Corenne Labbé in the Prince George’s County Department of Corrections at 301-952-7082 by September 30, 2016. After thirty (30) days of this release, the application will receive full consideration by the U.S. Department of Justice.
Prince George’s County, Maryland is being granted $312,667 in funding under the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Formula Program: Local Solicitation, U.S. Department of Justice. These funds will be used to pay for overtime, equipment, and technology needed by the public safety agencies within the County. The public safety agencies that will use these funds are the Police Department, the Department of Corrections, Office of the Sheriff, Office of Homeland Security and the State’s Attorney’s Office. The goal of this initiative is to assist these agencies to provide vital public safety services to the citizens and residents of Prince George’s County and its visitors, as follows:• The Police Department (PD) will use the funds for overtime to abate crimes that occur during the holiday season, specially, in shopping areas. Also, PD will contract with a vendor to provide crisis intervention services to serve as mobile crisis teams to address critical incidents. PD will be receive $84,957.50.
• The Department of Corrections (DOC) will use the funds for professional development and technological improvements. The department plans to purchase additional desktop computers for its e-learning laboratory, purchase tablets for its drug treatment and education programs, and purchase a computerized inventory control system for its supply warehouse. DOC will receive $75,000.
• The Office of the Sheriff (OS) will purchase equipment for Civil Disturbance Unit. OS will receive $18,501.30.
• The Fire/EMS Department (Fire/EMS) will use funds to purchase two specialized response vehicles to investigate arson and explosive incidents. Fire/EMS will receive $84,000.
• The Office of Homeland Security (OHS) will use funds to purchase headsets for the 9-1-1 dispatchers. OHS will receive $23,708.20.
• The State’s Attorney Office (SAO) will contract scanning services backlog case files so they can be uploaded on the judiciary case management system. SAO will be receive $25,500.A full copy of the Application is available for review at Prince George’s County Department of Corrections, Attn: Corenne Labbé, 13400 Dille Drive, Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20772.