LARGO, MARYLAND - The Prince George’s County Board of Elections will conduct a Vote-By-Mail Special Election to fill the vacancy in County Council District 8.
Special Primary and General Election for Council District 8
LARGO, MARYLAND - The Prince George’s County Board of Elections will conduct a Vote-By-Mail Special Election to fill the vacancy in County Council District 8. Ballots will be mailed to every eligible voter that resides in County Council District 8. Ballots will be mailed including postage-paid return envelopes in mid-December 2021 for the Special Primary Election and in mid-January 2022 for the Special General Election.
“Please be advised that only Democrats and Republicans that reside in Council District 8 are eligible to vote in the Special Primary Election,” said Alisha Alexander, Elections Administrator. “I encourage all registered voters to check your registration status and update your voter information to ensure that you will receive your ballot in the mail.”
In-person voting will also be offered at the Southern Regional Technology & Recreation Complex located at 7007 Bock Road, Fort Washington, MD 20744. The dates and times are as follows:
SPECIAL PRIMARY ELECTION
- Special Primary Election Day is Tuesday, January 4, 2022. The in-person voting center will be open from 7am-8pm.
- Early voting will be conducted on December 27- December 30, 2021 and January 3, 2022 (from 10am-8pm each day), and on Sunday, January 2, 2022 (from 12pm – 6pm).
- The Early Voting Center will be closed on Friday, December 31st and Saturday, January 1st in observance of the New Year’s Holiday.
SPECIAL GENERAL ELECTION
- Special General Election Day is Tuesday, February 1, 2022. The in-person voting center will be open from 7am-8pm.
- Early voting will be conducted on January 26 - January 29, 2022 and January 31, 2022, (from 10am-8pm each day) and on Sunday, January 30, 2022 (from 12pm – 6pm).
The Candidate Filing Deadline is Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 9pm. In addition to the filing documents, candidates must prepare a maximum of 500-word statement that will be included in the ballot packet to voters.
The Voter Registration/Party Affiliation Deadline for County Council District 8 residents only is Tuesday, December 14, 2021 at 5pm for the Special Primary Election.
Ballot drop boxes will be available for voters to return their ballots at the following four locations:
Southern Regional Technology and Recreation Complex
7007 Bock Rd
Fort Washington, MD 20744
Crossland High School
6901 Temple Hill Rd
Camp Springs, MD 20748
Temple Hills Community Center
5300 Temple Hill Rd
Temple Hills, MD 20748
Prince George's County Board of Elections
1100 Mercantile Lane, Suite 115A
Largo, MD 20774
Drop boxes will be available beginning December 27, 2021 for the Special Primary Election and January 26, 2022 for the Special General Election.
Please contact the Prince George’s County Board of Elections at 301-341-7300 or visit our website at mypgc.elections.us for additional information.