- To fulfill the duties of the Office of the Sheriff in a fair, professional, and dignified manner so as to inspire and maintain the confidence and trust of the public.
- To enhance the quality of life in Prince George's County in Partnership with its citizens.
The Prince George's County Sheriff's Office is committed to providing services that are fair, impartial, and effective while incorporating the highest standards of personal conduct and performance. The Sheriff's Office employs skilled dedicated professionals, committed to public service. We will serve the public responsibly while being held accountable to the highest moral, ethical, and legal standards. We believe in continuous improvement in all our endeavors, always striving to achieve excellence.
- Integrity - We are responsible for our conduct, both professionally and personally. We are honest, fair, and strong of character. We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of ethical conduct and strive to be role models for others.
- Professionalism - We are committed to excellence in public service.
- Public Service - Our goal is to ensure that a positive and professional working relationship between law enforcement and the community is preserved.
- Respect - We are committed to protecting the rights of all persons equally.
- Trust - We believe in order to provide effective service we must develop and maintain the confidence of the community.
Accredited Through the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies.