- County Government
- Departments & Offices
- Waste & Recycling
- Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill
Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill
The Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill (BSRSL) is owned and operated by the Prince George's County Government. This site accepts material from county citizens, residents, and local businesses only. Proof of residency is required. Businesses must prove in County generation of waste. The Landfill is permitted by the Maryland Department of the Environment and accepts only municipal solid waste.
The Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill located at 11611 White House Road in Upper Marlboro is open to the public Monday - Saturday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Closed Sunday.
Payment made by cash, credit card, or accounts only. No checks will be accepted.
** Please note, we do not accept American Express. When a credit card is used for payment, a temporary charge of 50% of the gross weight will be made until final cost is determined. It will take 2-5 business days for the adjustment to occur, depending on your financial institution.**
**NEW** EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2021 - Standard Rate $70 PER TON
Pickup Trucks ¾ Ton or Greater, Modified Sides, Vehicles for Commercial Use/With Commercial Markings, Trailers and Loads of Commercial Waste in any vehicle are subject to the standard rate $70 per ton with a ($10) minimum charge.
**NEW** EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2022 - Pickup Trucks, Cars, SUV’s and Passenger Vans up to ½ Ton: No Charge (Vehicles must be residential in use, without modifications; trailers and commercial/commercial-looking vehicles do not qualify)
- Metal: $25 per Ton
- Scrap Tires (Commercial): $400 per Ton
- Yard Trim: $45 per Ton (limbs, branches, trees no larger than 8 inches in diameter; and grass, leaves, brush and bushes, no stumps or logs, no plastic bags).
- Commercial vehicles must utilize the Prince George’s County Organics Composting Facility (OCF) located at 6550 Maude Savoy Brown Road, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772, from Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. A fee will be assessed for use of the Landfill and OCF on Saturdays. Only commercial customers may dispose of yard trim at the Landfill, and only on Saturdays.
- Residents (vehicles without trailers) may dispose of yard trim for free at the Brown Station Road Convenience Center located at 3501 Brown Station Road, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772, open Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Residential vehicles with trailers must use the OCF, located at 6550 Maude Savoy Brown Road, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772 to dispose of yard trim, from Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. A $10 minimum charge will be assessed. Please note trailers are not permitted at the Brown Station Road Convenience Center.
- Animal Carcasses
- Automobiles or related parts
- Chemical and/or petroleum cleanup waste
- Compressed cylinders of any size, shape type or condition (Exception - household-sized barbeque grill-style propane tanks, which may only be delivered on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays to the Household Hazardous Waste Acceptance Site)
- Commercial construction and demolition debris
- Drums, tanks, kegs, and barrels (plastic and metal) greater than 55 gallon in size and only after the sides are removed and the vessel flattened prior to arrival (All other items require prior approval from the landfill Manager and may require proof of contained product, removal of residue and cleaning)
- Hazardous and bio hazardous/medical wastes
- Liquids, including sewage and septic waste
- Radioactive material
- Shingles and roofing materials
- Skids and pallets
- Soil, rocks, grubbing material, and spoil
- Stumps and logs
Emergency & Temporary/Permanent Closing
During periods of natural and/or manmade disasters, which jeopardize the safety of citizens and personnel, the management may decide to temporarily suspend landfilling operations until the danger subsides. This is especially true and more common during periods of lightning storms. The vast and open area of the Landfill's disposal area is elevated and susceptible to possible hazards. Once operations are interrupted, notification will be arranged and we will resume operation only after the danger or hazard is gone and the area is deemed safe for operations.
Holiday closings are posted at the entrance to the Landfill prior to each date. The Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill will be closed on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Note: Should the holiday fall on a Saturday, the Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill will be closed that day and the Friday before the holiday.