Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I elect to receive my W-2 form electronically in Employee Self Service (ESS) and how do I access it?
- How do I request a copy of my W-2 form?
- Who do I contact regarding work permits and work restrictions for minors?
- Who do I contact if I am having problems with discrimination on the job?
- Who do I contact if I am being harassed?
- How do I become an American citizen? Where do I go to apply for a green card?
- Where should I call if I have questions about being terminated from my job?
- What should I do if I am notified that an unemployment insurance claim was fraudulently filed in my name?
- What health benefit plans does the County offer?
- What is the employee’s cost for these health benefits?
- Is there a waiting period before coverage begins? What happens when I leave?
- Is it mandatory to participate in the health plans? Can I be enrolled in more than one medical plan?
- How are health benefit premiums paid?
- Who can be covered under my health plan?
- Can I make changes to my health plans at any time?
- Can I continue my health benefits coverage after I terminate (not including retirement) from the County?
- What is the cost for continuing medical coverage under COBRA?
- How do I initiate COBRA?
- Does the County offer life insurance?
- What are accidental death benefits?
- What kinds of retirement programs are offered to County employees?
- Is an employee required to make contributions to these Pension Plans?
- At what point does an employee have a vested benefit in the pension plans? Does this mean an employee has a guaranteed pension benefit at retirement?
- Is there any other way to save money for retirement?
- How much money can an employee defer under the 457 Plans?
- Is the County's deferred compensation plan equivalent to a 401K plan?
- Can an employee transfer funds from a deferred compensation plan sponsored by another employer?
- Can an employee request a withdrawal of contributions while employed with the County?