Water & Sewer

The Sustainable Initiatives Division (SID) coordinates several development review programs under the County’s Water and Sewer Plan. 

Constituents seeking waivers for private wells or septic systems, or for connection to public water and sewer services, must have specific authorization from the Department of the Environment (DoE). In addition, developers seeking to advance commercial, industrial or residential projects must have the properly designated water and sewer service category. Changes to these categories must also be authorized by DoE. 

For more information, call 301-883-5108.

Water and sewer billing inquiries should be addressed to the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission at 301-206-4001.