The following process should be followed when an employee requests that the County pay for a training/professional development program that exceeds one thousand dollars ($1000.00) in costs:
- Appointing authority approves training/ professional development opportunity requested by employee.
- Appointing Authority (or designee) will discuss this policy and Agreement with employee.
- Complete Agreement (document to the right).
- Employee, witness and Appointing Authority (or designee) must all sign the Agreement.
- Send Agreement to OHRM's Learning Performance & Organizational Development email address: LPOD@co.pg.md.us for OHRM's Director approval and signature.
- OHRM will provide copies of the Agreement to the employee and Appointing Authority.
- A copy of the Agreement will be filed in the employee's official personnel file.
NOTE: As always, if applicable you should be sure to consult any applicable collective bargaining agreement. If you have any further questions regarding the information in this request, please contact email@example.com.