Digital Submittal Information
Requirements for Site/Road Approvals and Permits
Applicable Case Types
At the time of permit issuance and at the time of as-built approval, the engineer shall provide the following digital information to DPIE for the following case types:
- Site Development Concept Plans
- Site Development Rough Grading Permits
- Site Development Fine Grading Permits (including Infill Lots)
- Street Construction Permits
- Special Permits
- Street Grade Establishment Plans
- Right-of-Way Plats
Digital Information Requirements List
- The engineer shall provide DPIE access to the engineer’s FTP site or submit a compact disc (CD) or flash drive, so DPIE can download legible PDF files of the signed and sealed permit plans, reports and documents. These digital records must include the DPIE approval stamps.
- For Site Development Concept Plans, the engineer shall provide the approved site development concept plan, drainage area maps, calculations, notification letters and affidavit of notification.
- For Site Development Rough Grading Permits, Site Development Fine Grading Permits, Street Construction Permits, and Special Permits, the engineer shall provide plans, computations, drainage area maps, calculations, and reports. The engineer shall provide storm drain/stormwater management (SWM)/paving plans, site/landscape plans, Tree Conservation Plan — Type 2 (TCP2) plans, traffic plans, roadway plans, Erosion and Sedimentation (E&S) Control plans, Maryland–National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M–NCPPC) plans, geotechnical reports, approved waiver letters, declaration of covenant for maintenance, recorded easements, recorded right-of-way plats, and other supporting documentation.
- For Street Grade Establishment Plan, the engineer shall provide merged plans for each street and approved waiver letters.
- For As-Built Plans, the engineer shall provide approved plans and computations. The engineer shall provide approved As-Built Storm Drain and Stormwater Management (SWM) plans, calculations, drainage area map, and any newly recorded declaration of covenants and easements.
- Each plan type and each report shall be combined into one merged PDF file.
- The engineer shall provide the following files, as applicable, in CADD format (AutoCAD dxf or dwg, Microstation dgn) or GIS format (ESRI shapefile or geo-database) at the time of permit issuance and at the time of as-built approval. For floodplain studies, the engineer shall provide CADD files or GIS format files. The files must be provided in the current Maryland state plane coordinate system on a SINGLE FILE. Also, lines representing the Edge of Pavement or Road Curb should be placed in a separate layer or on a separate level to other entities within the CADD file. The engineer shall provide the following CADD information:
- Roadway edge of pavements
- Roadway centerline
- Property lines
- Property lot, block, and parcel numbers
- Roadway names
- Building footprints
- Parking areas
- Storm drain lines
- Storm drain structures (including inlet and outlet control devices for SWM ponds)
- Best Management Practices (BMP) devices
- Drainage Areas (the divides and the drainage area annotations)
- Street lighting (both existing and proposed)
- Permanent traffic signals and regulatory signage
- Permanent signing and pavement marking
- Floodplains (existing and proposed)
NOTE: If files are larger than 10 megabytes, submit a CD or flash drive to DPIE NPDES Engineer, Yonas Tesfai (YSTesfai@co.pg.md.us). For questions, email or call Yonas Tesfai at 301-636-2060.