Momentum Scheduled for Maintenance
Momentum will be offline for vendor maintenance Thursday, September 15, 2022 from 11:00pm – 1:00am, and Sunday, September 18, 2022 midnight/12:00am – 5:00am. Thank you for your patience.
Momentum Is Here!
A New Process for HEALTH, BUSINESS AND RENTAL LICENSES
The Department of Permitting, Inspections and Enforcement (DPIE) has transitioned to Momentum, a new online system. All Prince George's County Health Permits and Business and Rental Licenses are now processed in Momentum. The new system allows customers to submit applications, upload documentation and make payments online. When the applications have been reviewed and approved, customers will be able to print their licenses at work or at home.
Registration is a new requirement for applicants utilizing DPIE services in Prince George’s County. You will need to register as a "company" or an "individual." Registration is a one-time process. Once you have registered yourself or your company, you will be able to use your Registration Number to apply for any Prince George's County permits or licenses needed to conduct business in Prince George's County. The County will use the registration to better organize and communicate with our customer base.
To apply for a health permit, business or rental license or renew an existing license, please follow these instructions:
1. Create a new online user profile at the Momentum portal.
2. To create a new online user profile, you will need a valid email address that you will be able to continually access.
3. Once you have successfully created an online license profile, you must register with Prince George’s County. To register a company, an EIN # is required and must be provided at the time of registration. To register as an individual, a valid government-issued identification is required, such as a driver’s license, a passport or a state ID card. A copy of the ID must be provided.
4. If you are renewing an existing business license, enter your current license number in the Migrated App # field. Please note that you will need to have your current license number available when processing your renewal application in the new system.
- Profile User Manual
- Registration User Manual
- Business License Application User Manual
- Rental Housing License Application User Manual
All Prince George's County Health Licenses listed below are processed in Momentum.
- Food service facility permits/farmers market/mobile unit/temporary food service/vending machine
All required documents must be uploaded into Momentum.
For questions regarding Prince George's County Health Licenses, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-883-7605.
All Prince George's County Business Licenses listed below are processed in Momentum:
- Building Contractor
- Benefit Performance (Bazaar, Bingo, Dinner, Pull Tabs, Raffle, Silent Auction, Other)
- Benefit Performance/Charitable Gaming
- Benefit Carnival
- Benefit Circus
- Charitable Solicitor
- Door-to-Door Solicitor
- Electrical Contractor — Limited
- Food Truck Hub
- Master Electrician — Limited
- Mobile Vendors (Ice Cream Truck)
- Motor Vehicle Repair Facility
- Off-Road Vehicle Registration
- Pawn Dealer
- Pawn Dealer Employee
- Public Dance
- Secondhand Dealer
- Secondhand Dealer Employee
All required documents need to be uploaded into Momentum.
For questions regarding Prince George's County Business Licenses, email email@example.com.
Rental Property Licenses
To apply for a housing rental license or view/renew an existing application, please follow the steps as listed in the information above to create a new online user profile and registration. If your new user profile is created with the same email address that was provided in your existing rental application/license, then it will be associated to your new user profile automatically. If no email address was found associated to your existing application/license, then you will be required to enter the existing rental application # in the Migrated App # Field when creating your registration in order to associate it to your new user profile.
- All Prince George's County Rental Licenses are processed online in Momentum:
- Short-Term Rental Host
- Short-Term Rental Platform
- Single Family Rental
- Multifamily Rental
- All required documents need to be uploaded into Momentum.
For questions regarding Prince George's County Rental Licenses, email firstname.lastname@example.org.