CFW Committees & Strategic Priorities
PGC-CFW Committee Descriptions and Strategic Priorities 2019-2020
The Budget Committee works with government liaisons, PGC-CFW officers and committee chairs to develop and prepare the PGC-CFW budget. This committee is also responsible for tracking receipts and expenditures for the PGC-CFW.
Planning & Research Committee
The Planning & Research Committee leads strategic planning efforts and is responsible for researching issues affecting women. This committee also leads public meetings or hearings pertaining to women's needs, proposes initiatives to improve their lives and remove inequalities based on gender.
The Legislative Committee is responsible for researching, considering and developing positions on existing or proposed State and federal legislation and regulations regarding issues affecting women, children and seniors. Programmatic work may entail: education and outreach, advocacy, direct service and information and referral.
- Participate in 100 Years of Voting Rights
- Participate in Complete Count (Census 2020)
- Implement Prince George’s County Legislative Convening
- Attend Montgomery County Women’s Legislative Briefing
- Attend MD Legislative Agenda for Women (MLAW)
Community Awareness Subcommittee
The role of the Community Awareness Sub-Committee is to engage the public, and partner with governmental, business, & community organizations to Implement programs that promote the well-being of women and girls in Prince George’s County, to include those whose lives are impacted by domestic violence, human trafficking, sexual assault and elder abuse.
- Implement a Women’s Resource Fair
- Participate in events in the Health Enterprise Zone
- Support the work of the Prince George’s County Family Justice Center
- Participate in the State Human Trafficking Task Force
The role of the media Sub-Committee is to establish and implement a media campaign to bring awareness to the PGC-CFW, and to disseminate information about the work of the Commission.
- Create a social media presence for PGC-CFW
- Refresh CFW logo and web page
- Develop branding strategy
- Oversee & create ads, literature, and outreach materials for the CFW
The By-Laws Committee is an ad hoc committee that drafts and revises the by-laws of the Commission when necessary. This committee also makes recommendations and oversees revision and approval of PGC-CFW Bylaws.