The Maryland Department of Health encourages the following individuals to get COVID-19 tests:
- Symptomatic individuals;
- All who suspect exposure, including those who are asymptomatic;
- Individuals who are at risk of exposure, including workers in frequent contact with the public;
- Individuals who have been in large gatherings indoors; and
- Individuals who have traveled recently, including those who have traveled to a state with a COVID-19 test positivity rate above ten percent or a case rate over 20 per 100,000 population.
Health Department COVID-19 Testing
The Prince George’s County Health Department offers FREE COVID-19 tests. Individuals do not need an appointment unless otherwise noted (see testing site locations table below).
Patients do not need a doctor’s prescription or insurance to get tested, however, you must present identification. There will be no questions about immigration status at any of our testing sites. If you have health insurance, you must present your insurance card. Testing is provided free of charge (no out-of-pocket cost or co-payment regardless of insurance).
To receive more than one test from the Prince George’s County Health Department, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- have a known/suspected exposure to a positive case
- have symptoms
- are part of a County contact tracing case investigation and were directed to be tested
The Health Department also considers other retest requests on a case-by-case basis. The on-site registered nurse will assess and determine if retesting outside of the above criteria meets CDC guidelines.
Testing at a Health Department location is limited to residents 10 years of age and older.
COVID-19 Testing Locations Map
Use the map to find testing sites located in Prince George’s County that are either operated by the County, the State, or a private organization. Please follow the appropriate instructions to get tested.
COVID-19 Testing & Insurance FAQs
If you received a COVID-19 test at a Prince George’s County Health Department site, we will ask for your insurance information, if any, to bill insurance companies for the testing services. Get your questions answered about what it means for you. View our COVID-19 Testing & Insurance FAQs.
County Health Department Testing Sites
COVID-19 testing is available at the following sites operated or supplied by the Prince George's County Health Department:
|Partner Testing Facilities||Day(s)||Times|
|Adventist Medical Group Primary Care in Fort Washington||Monday, Tuesday, Friday||7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.|
|First United Methodist Church of Hyattsville||Monday, Thursday, Saturday||9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
|Roseu Medical Center | *Appointment Required|
Book testing appointments online or call 301-604-8000
|Monday through Friday|
*Opening Thursday, April 1
|State Testing Facilities in Prince George’s County||Day(s)||Times|
|City of Praise Family Ministries | *Opening Saturday, April 3||Mondays|
|2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Maryland COVID-19 Testing Sites
COVID-19 Symptoms (CDC Update May 2020)
- Infected people have had a wide range of symptoms – from mild to severe.
- Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.
People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
Call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.