Eligibility for unemployment insurance benefits cannot be determined until you actually file an initial claim. If you are unemployed or working part-time, file your claim as soon as possible, as your eligibility begins the week in which you file your claim. Your claim becomes effective the Sunday of the week during which you apply for benefits.
What information do I need to have before filing a claim?
You will need to have:
- Your name, Social Security number, address and telephone number;
- If you are claiming dependents, you will need their names, birth dates and Social Security numbers; and
- The name, complete payroll address, telephone number and reason for separation for each employer you worked for in the 18 months prior to filing your claim.
- If you are not a citizen, proof of your alien status
- If you were in the military within the last 18 months, your DD214, Member 4.
- If you worked for the Federal Government, your Form-50 or SF-8 if available
The Division of Unemployment Insurance conducts almost all business by telephone. All Claim Centers take claims by telephone only, every Monday through Friday, excluding State holidays. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. ET to 2:00 p.m. ET. Please file your claim in the claim center located closest to your home.
College Park Claim Center
Claims may be filed by telephone or at mdunemployment.com or by telephone. The Prince George’s Claim Center is located in College Park by calling 301-313-8000 or toll free at 1-877-293-4125.
Below is Maryland’s UI Information guide:
This is the link for filing a UI claim for federal contractors:
This is the link for Prince George’s County’s American Job Center:
Unemployment Insurance link for Prince George’s County Residents working for the federal government in Washington, DC: