The Prince George's County Animal Services Division provides high-quality sheltering and care to homeless, abused, and neglected animals in Prince George's County and ensures the safety and welfare of the County’s citizens. We operate the Prince George's County Animal Services Facility and Adoption Center (ASF&AC) and provide field service operations and respond to calls from citizens and residents regarding the following concerns:
- Cruelty complaints
- Dead animals on County roadways. Deceased animals on State roadways should be reported to (301) 513-7300. For deceased animals on park property, call (301) 627-7755.
- Injured animals
- Nuisance animals or animals running at large
- Sick animals
- Vicious animals
Click here to view a copy of the Prince George's County Animal Services Facility and Adoption Center Standards of Care.
- The Animal Services Division does not address concerns with sick or injured wild animals, including deer. Residents should call the Maryland Department of Natural Resources Wildlife Services, Toll-free in Maryland: 1-877-463-6497 (available Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm). If there is a wildlife emergency outside of these business hours, contact the Natural Resources Police 24-hour dispatch number at 410-260-8888. For more information on what to do if you see a sick or injured wild animal, please access the Department of Natural Resources wildlife resources page here: https://dnr.maryland.gov/wildlife/Pages/plants_wildlife/sickorinjured.aspx
- Permission to trap wild animals must be obtained first from the Maryland Department of Natural Resources at 877-463-6497.
Information Required When Calling With a Concern
You should have the following information ready when you call us:
- Name, address, and phone number (this information will be kept confidential)
- Address where last seen
- Animal's physical condition
- Color of animal
- Type of animal
Contact the Animal Services Division at (301) 780-7200.