Supplier Development & Diversity
Who We Are
Supplier Development and Diversity Division (SDDD) is the primary advocate for local, small, minority and veteran-owned businesses seeking to do business with Prince George's County and the region.
We accept certifications from:
- Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT)
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA)
- Capital Region Minority Supplier Development Council (CRMSDC)
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- Department of Veterans Affair (VA)
- Women Presidents' Education Organization (WPEO/WBENC)
- U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce
What We Do
SDDD is the "Connection to Resources and Opportunities." In that role, SDDD is the primary advocate for local, small, disadvantaged, minority and veteran-owned businesses seeking to do business with Prince George's County and in the region. By strongly advocating and outreaching to Prince George's County Businesses, we ensure that there are strategic sourcing opportunities and assure that local businesses are afforded an equitable share or procurements and contracted dollar opportunities. Through legislation from the County Council, SDDD maintains and recruits businesses to register for the County Based Business Certification, which provides preferential opportunities for Local businesses that otherwise meet all of the other contract requirements. SDDD also provides education and training opportunities to ensure businesses have the competency and capacity to meet the demands of the procurement and strategic partnership opportunities.