Need A Lawyer?

Should I have a lawyer handle my case?

YES, if

  • you are in a family law case, attended the Family Law Orientation
     and still have questions.
  • you are a criminal defendant.
  • you are the plaintiff or defendant in a civil case and don't know
     the law, the rules of evidence or the rules of procedure.

How can I find a lawyer who can help me? 

Prince George’s County Bar Association
 Lawyer Referral Service 

But, what if I can’t afford a private attorney?

You may qualify for representation at a reduced fee or no cost.

Family or Civil Cases:

  • Community Legal Services                                 240-391-6370 or 6395             
    Foreclosure assistance                                                       240-391-6413
  • Legal Aid Bureau of Prince George's County                301-560-2100  

Criminal Cases: 

  • Public Defender, Courthouse Room 272B                        301-952-2159

Can someone just answer a few questions?

YES, the Family Division Information Center can provide 

  • Forms for pleadings in some types of cases
  • Information about programs for troubled families in Prince George’s County
  • Procedural advice, explaining where and how to file pleadings
  • NO legal advice or answers to questions about the law

YES, volunteer attorneys at the Family Law Clinic in the Courthouse, Room M2435
will answer your Family Law questions in a brief session.

The Circuit Court for
Prince George’s County
Welcomes All –
A Fair Forum for Justice

Image of: Honorable Judge Sheila R. Tillerson Adams

The Honorable
Sheila R. Tillerson Adams
Administrative Judge
Seventh Judicial Circuit and
Circuit Court for
Prince George’s County