The Circuit Court for Prince George's County Welcomes All - A Fair Forum for Justice
Civil cases filed in Circuit Court, may include:
- With certain exceptions, matters which involve a claim for damages in excess of $30,000.00. Concurrent jurisdiction is shared with the District Court in matters which involve a claim for an amount between $5,000.00 and $30,000.00.
- All matters in which a jury trial is permitted and requested.
- Matters which involve domestic relations, Sale in Lieu of Partition, foreclosures, mechanics liens, and injunctions.
- Adoptions (other than Social Services cases).
- Name Changes
- Judicial Review of Administrative Agency decisions
- Appeals (Civil matters) from the District Court.
- Appeals to Courts of Appeal. (Case will be forwarded to appropriate court when appeal is noted.)
Other Civil matters filed in Circuit Court include:
- Liens and Judgments including encumbrances, Federal tax liens, hospital liens, Maryland tax liens, District court liens, civil judgments, and United States District Court judgments are all filed with the Clerk of the Circuit Court, Civil Division.