Bulky Trash Collection is provided by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, dial 3-1-1 or call (301) 883-4748 Monday through Friday, between 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Appointments can also be scheduled via the online Bulky Application at Bulky Trash Online Scheduling Form. Appointments are scheduled for normal County workdays on a first-come, first-served basis.
If the County fails to make the scheduled collection date due to inclement weather or other conditions not the fault of the homeowner, we will reschedule the collection for the next day. If the homeowner fails to place items at the curb by 6:30 a.m. on the scheduled collection day and the items are not picked up, the homeowner will have to reschedule for the next available date.
- Bulky Trash Collection does not pick up household trash or materials from evictions, foreclosures, unoccupied properties, commercial properties, apartment complexes, home renovations, remodeling projects or clean lot enforcement. The disposal of materials from these sites is the responsibility of the homeowner/landlord, contractor or business owner.
- Once you have been given an appointment date, there can be no changes/additions to the pickup.
- Please ensure there is nothing blocking access to the items requiring pickup. Blocked items will not be able to be picked up.
Acceptable Materials Include:
- Furniture and refrigerators
(Limit of 5 appliances per pickup; doors must be taped shut)
- Washing machines and dryers
- Hot water heaters and lawn mowers
(Remove the gas tank and drain the oil from lawn mowers)
- Other large materials/furniture items generated in the household that are not picked up by refuse collection
- Vehicle Tires (Limit of 4; vehicle tires only, no truck tires)
- Doors and cabinets (limit of 3 each)
- Smaller household items (must be placed in bags or boxes; limit any combination of bags and boxes to20; weight limit of 60 pounds per bag or box)
- Carpet and padding (Limit of carpet and padding is 324 sq. ft. - rolled and tied on ends)
Unacceptable Materials Include:
- Materials from evictions, foreclosures, unoccupied properties, commercial properties or apartment complexes
- Construction and demolition debris
- Stumps and logs
- Skids and pallets
- Drums, tanks, kegs and barrels (plastic and metal) greater than 55 gallons in size unless the sides are removed and the vessel flattened prior to collection
- Hazardous and bio-hazardous medical waste
- Compressed cylinders of any size, shape or condition
- Liquids, including paint, sewage and septic waste
- Radioactive material
- Animal carcasses
- Automobiles or auto parts
- Chemical and/or petroleum cleanup waste
- Plastic packing materials and plastic sheeting
- Soil, rocks, grubbing material and spoil
- Shingles, roofing materials
- Riding lawnmowers
- Wood (unless it is a piece of furniture)
- Home renovation/remodeling debris
- Household trash