Where do I call to obtain information about the recent changes in trash collection services for County residents?
For information about your trash collection service, please contact County Click at 311.

If my refuse or recycling collection day falls on a holiday, when is the next collection day?
If your refuse or recycling collection day falls on a holiday, your pick-up will be on the next regularly scheduled collection day. For more information on collection services and holiday schedules, please call county click at 311.

What happens to recyclables after they are collected from the curb?
Once collected, recyclables are taken to the County's Materials Recycling Facility where the materials are sorted and are either crushed (glass) or baled (newspaper, plastic, aluminum and steel) for shipment to markets.

Who do I call to find out my recycling and trash collection days?
To learn the trash and recycling days for your community, please call County Click at 311.

How can I get bulky trash items picked up?
Bulky trash items such as washing machines, dryers, furniture, hot water heaters, and other large items are collected by appointment only. To schedule an appointment for Bulky Trash, call (301) 883-4748 or dial 311, Monday through Friday, between 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Appointments can also be scheduled via the online Bulky Application. Appointments are scheduled for normal County workdays on a first-come, first-served basis.

How do I dispose of items such as oil-based paints and pesticides?
Household items that are flammable, caustic or toxic are considered to be hazardous. Household hazardous waste includes cleaners, solvents, poisons, acids, insecticides, oil-based paints, used motor oil, antifreeze, swimming pool chemicals and car batteries. Citizens and residents can take their household hazardous waste to the Household Hazardous Waste Acceptance Site located at the Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill, 11611 White House Road in Upper Marlboro on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
For more information concerning household hazardous waste, please call (301) 883-5045.

Is it OK to leave grass clippings on our lawn?
Clippings that are left on the lawn will return to the earth and restore natural ingredients to the soil. Additionally, these clippings help to retain moisture, reduce wear and facilitate growth. By not bagging our grass clippings, the cost of waste removal is reduced by 24%.


Tuesday Tip: Green Up Your Community!3/24/2015 12:00:00 AM
Tuesday Tip: Paint the Town!3/17/2015 12:00:00 AM
TuesdayTip: Tree ReLeaf Grant Program3/10/2015 12:00:00 AM
County Click 311

Allows Users To:

  • Browse Through Questions And Answers In Various Categories
  • Enter Requests For Service
  • Track Status of Service Requests
Subscribe MYPGC