Residential Drainage Complaints

(301) 883-5832

One of the responsibilities of the Sustainability Services Division (SSD) is to respond to citizen complaints regarding drainage problems. Drainage complaints range in nature from property flooding to home flooding and include such concerns as erosion and problems associated with sump pump discharges. Groundwater-associated problems are investigated with remedial actions suggested for homeowners, along with the provision of a residential drainage manual.

SSD investigates an average of 500 complaints a year, some of which evolve into corrective projects. Approximately 25 new drainage projects are initiated each year as a result of either homeowner complaints, referrals by other agencies, or requests by County Council Members.

If you are experiencing drainage problems, call SSD at (301) 883-5832 for assistance.

County Click 311

Allows Users To:

  • Browse Through Questions And Answers In Various Categories
  • Enter Requests For Service
  • Track Status of Service Requests
Notify Me PGC