The Supplier Development & Diversity Division (SDDD) is currently accepting applications to enter a lottery to fill 11 vacant positions in the Business Development Reserve Program (BDRP).
The official Kick off Reception for the BDRP will take place in October 2014. Once finalized, more details will be posted.
The BDRP is a two year pilot in which 50 applicants from five industries were chosen through a lottery system. It was created and designed to encourage and assist County-Based businesses to contract with the County for goods and services.
To enter the lottery, Supplier qualification requirements include:
- Supplier must meet the definition of "small business" pursuant to the Code of Maryland Regulations ("COMAR") 21.01.02.01(80);
- Supplier classified as being in the construction industry by Sector 23 of the current edition of the NAICS codes, the supplier must meet the federal definition of "small business concern" in Part 121 of Title 13 of the Code of Federal Regulations;
- The business must be small according to the size standards for small business concerns as determined by the business' NAICS codes;
- Minority businesses participating in the program must be certified by one of the authorized third party certifiers currently used by the County;
- The business must have been in business for at least two years;
- Total revenues must not exceed $10 Million;
- Suppliers must meet County based business certification requirements per Section 10A-161 of the County Code.
In addition, BDRP participants are required to complete a training program consisting of a set of core courses designed to enhance their business development and capacity.
The application deadline for the BDRP lottery is September 26, 2014. CLICK HERE to apply... For more information, contact the Supplier Development & Diversity Division at 301-883-6480 or refer to the Frequently Asked Questions.