MBDD NEWS, May 2012
1/5/2012 12:00 AM
- Prince George's County executive Rushern L. Baker, III discusses the holistic county government approach to the transforming neighborhood initiatives: Administration launched our Transforming Neighborhoods Initiative(TNI). This initiative focuses on six of the County's neighborhoods that face significant economic, health, public safety and educational challenges.
- MBDD restricts audio visual procurement to MBEs: In keeping with our mission of maximizing procurement opportunities for Prince George’s County registered certified Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs), MBDD was able to successfully “restrict” the Complete Audio/Visual Conferencing System county procurement.
- Prince George’s County Council Member, Karen R. Toles Hosts CB-16-2011 Briefing and Business Mixer: Council Member Toles explained how the new law, the first of its kind in the State of Maryland, provides a way for Project Labor Agreements to be used on County funded projects in excess of $1 million.
- MD/DC Minority Supplier Development Council Presents 30th Annual Business Procurement Conference: The conference will feature several highlights including over 85 exhibitors, 3 high profile networking events, targeted match-making sessions, enlightening workshops and seminars and access to top-tier MBEs and corporate members.
- Prince George’s County Council Member Mel Franklin Hosts Over 80 Business Owners at MBDD Outreach Event in District 9:Council Member Mel Franklin (D-District 9) recently sponsored over 80 small and local business owners to participate in the MBDD educational seminar: THE PRICE IS RIGHT! - Understanding Basic Cost or Price Analysis.
- MBDD by the Numbers Quick-Glance
- Upcoming MBDD Outreach Event: Business Etiquette 101
- Prince George’s County to Host Housing Fair, Sponsors and Exhibitors Invited
More information can be found at MBDD News May 2012 Volume 5